Chocolate and Banana Cookies
These Chocolate and Banana Cookies are the creation of The Short Chef. Delicious, easy to make and the recipe can be adjusted to be vegan. We made them several times during lockdown, including with our Set 1 Testing athletes over Zoom!
This recipe makes between 6-10 cookies, depending on how big you make them.
- 1 egg (1 batch flax egg for vegans)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 85g of any nut butter
- 15g coconut oil/non-dairy butter, melted
- 41g brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 37g ground almonds
- 67g oat flour/oats
- 40g chopped chocolate
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and preheat the oven to 195°C / 175°C fan.
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl. Then add in banana and mash, before adding your nut butter and mix that in well.
- Melt the coconut oil, or butter, and add that into the mix before adding in your sugar. It should start to look a bit like caramel.
- Next add in the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt into the bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add the ground almonds and oat flour. Mix well before adding into the wet mix. Should be relatively wet once all mixed. If too wet you can add more oats.
- Add in the chocolate chips, or anything else you might want in your cookies (dried fruits, nuts, etc), and mix. Place in the fridge for 5 mins to set.
- After 5 mins measure out your cookies, around 1.5 tablespoons per cookie. Make sure they are evenly spread on the tray.
- Put in the oven for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown